December 15, 2017

Our History

The Knights of Columbus Fr. Dellert Council 4143-Conway is located across from the Conway Regional Airport at 615 East 6th Street [corner of 6th Street and 5th Avenue].  You can contact Council 4143 by phone at 501.764.1688 or email at info@kofcconway.com.

Council 4143 was founded in December 1955 through the generous contributions and efforts of Conway-area Catholics and Father Sylvester F. Dellert C.S. SP.  Fr. Dellert entered the Holy Ghost Father’s Novitiate in Ridgefield, Connecticut in 1931.  After his Ordination in 1937, he worked in the areas of Kilimanjaro, Tanganyika, East Africa and was recalled to the United States in 1948.  He served 13 years as Chaplain for Council 4143 and after his death, February 21st, 1969, the council voted to change it’s name in his memory to the Father Dellert Council 4143.

Council 4143 works closely with St. Joseph Church and St. Joseph School in Conway, providing funds for various projects, attracting members who are active participants in the parish and school, and building strong families and community through fraternal and charitable activities.  Our Council is proud of it’s longstanding traditions of brotherhood and active participation in our Catholic community, thus ALL members are strongly urged to attend monthly Council Meetings, participate in Committee activities and simply Get Involved.

To learn more about the Knights of Columbus, please visit the KofC Supreme Council web site.